Monday, May 23, 2011

Sanders and Yellow Pages, almost 1 year later

Almost a year to the day, I stopped by the former Sanders Bakery/headquarters and the old Yellow Pages building on the Detroit-Highland Park border to see if anything has changed or remained the same. As I walked down Oakman, I first came upon the old Sanders headquarters. I saw the first few windows removed, and wondered if they may be remodeling or demolishing the building. The Sanders Country Home bakery was once here. The Bell Telephone building is preparing to undergo renovations for housing. This was once the home of the Yellow Pages, and Western Electric in an earlier day. I have family who used to work here way back when, and said that it was a nice place to work at. This building reminds me of the former Hudsons department store in Downtown Detroit which was demolished over 10 years ago in 1998.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...