Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Detroit Masonic Temple

Detroit's Masonic Temple, located in the city's Cass Corridor area north of Downtown, is one of the city's architectural masterpieces. The building has played host to many concerts, graduations, weddings, and other events outside of Masonic lodge meetings. The cornerstone was laid in 1922 and completed four years later, according to the Wikipedia page for the building. The official page (www.themasonic.com) notes that it's the largest Masonic Temple at least in the USA. I enjoy seeing the relief sculptures that adorn the building. I remember playing here at my high school's graduations with my High School Band in 1999, 2000 and 2001 in the Scottish Rite Cathedral, and there's a picture of me in Preschool at a show at the main auditorium that I attended through my Mom's job at the phone company.

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...