Thursday, October 4, 2012

Fire Documentary and Architecture


 As I was taking my Weekend Walk this past Saturday, I noticed the marquee of the Fillmore theatre in Downtown Detroit, which featured the documentary, "Burn", which chronicles a year in the life of Detroit Firefighters. There were two screenings of the film, September 28 and 29, for firefighters and their families, and for all who were interested.  Reading articles on the Detroit News and Free Press' websites, the film got good reviews from locals and from out of towners, as well. The trailer of the film can be found at http://detroitfirefilm.org/ . I particularly liked the poster for the movie, pictured here. . The crest with the two angelic figures is on the old Fire Headquarters, which is currently up for sale. The building, located across from Cobo Center in Detroit, has a cornerstone of 1929, and is one of the most historic buildings in the downtown area of Detroit. The crest pictured here is one of my favorite touches to the building. This was built during a time when attention was paid to detail when a new structure was built, and no detail was left ignored.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...