Saturday, February 5, 2022

Helping Seniors with Smart Watches

 I have been thinking recently about the use of Smart Watches, such as the Apple Watch and Samsung Galaxy Watch, to help Senior citizens who live on their own stay safe. A coworker of mine had mentioned this past summer about how the Apple Watch has a function that can detect falls and can contact emergency services and a trusted contact (family member, close friend, neighbor, etc.) if you are injured or cannot get up for some reason. I have also seen posts about  this a few times floating around Facebook on the feeds of friends and groups/  This is great for anyone, but for especially seniors who live on their own, and their family would need to keep an eye on them to keep them safe and avoid placing them in a nursing home/assisted living facility if it is not needed.  Also, with the GPS function on all phones and watches, if a senior with special needs or memory issues tends to wander or get lost, you can easily track them with the Find My app on iPhones, the Where's My Droid/Where's my Device apps on Android phones, as well as the Life360 app and other family tracker apps. 

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...