Monday, February 7, 2011

Gotham Hotel Articles

I was reading an article this morning on the Detroit News about the old Gotham Hotel, which was one of the best Black-Owned and operated hotels in Detroit back in the days, mainly from the 20's to the '50s. Many people went here to stay if they were in from out of town, and many lived here as residents, as well. I've heard of many newlyweds spending their honeymoons here, as well. THe Hotel closed and was demolished in the early 1960s. I would have liked to have been there to see this hotel in its heyday in the 1930s and 1940s, to mingle amongst the guests and patrons, and also to be part of the staff of this hotel.

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...