Wednesday, February 6, 2013

National Day of Courage and Rosa Parks Stamp Unveiling


Dignitaries
Originally uploaded by femaletrumpet02
As I mentioned in my last entry here on TWaSbL, I attended the National Day of Courage and the unveiling of the Rosa Parks stamp at the Henry Ford Museum this past Monday. It was an informative and inspirational event, with lots of events and info surrounding the Civil Rights movement I think that the artist who drew the picture did a fantastic job. Members of Rosa Parks' family were there, as well as members of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., in which Mrs. Parks was an honorary Soror. For more pictures of the day. Go to the set on Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/photos/femaletrumpet02/sets/72157632698712467/

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...