Thursday, August 16, 2018

In Memory of Aretha Franklin (1942-2018)

Sending my Condolences to the family and friends of Aretha Franklin, who died today at the age of 76. She was from Memphis, Tennessee, and grew up here in Detroit. Her father, Rev. CL Franklin, pastored New Bethel Baptist CHurch, where she got her start. She was involved with the civil rights movement, and performed all over the world. In 2016, she had part of Madison Avenue here in Detroit named in her honor during Detroit Music Weekend.The sign is shown here, taken this past Tuesday.  One of my favorite songs that she covered was You're All I Need To Get By. Rest in Peace. You will be missed by all. 

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...