Monday, December 17, 2018

Crane-ing around

I was going through my pictures from this past summer, and I ran across this picture of a Sandhill Crane. This was my first time seeing these majestic birds. I didn't know what they were until someone nearby mentioned these. The Sandhill Cranes pictured here were very docile creatures, as long as you are standing at a distance. These are not native to Michigan, but from what I have read, they are pretty common in the Nebraska area of the country, and migrate north to breed in the summer. These birds are huge, about maybe 3-4 feet in height, and the wingspan shown here. They are best known by the red patch on their heads.

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...