Saturday, December 29, 2018

Earth to (Facebook) Portal

When I was getting my Christmas shopping done a few days ago, I ran across the Facebook Portal device at Best Buy. I stopped and took a look at this new device. The Facebook Portal is modeled like Amazon and Alexa and the Google Home system, and it connects to your Facebook account so you can connect with family and friends, go shopping and do what you need. Sometimes, I worry about technology getting a little too intimate into your personal affairs, especially seeing all these data breaches out here nowadays and people getting a little too close to others and their personal affairs. At times, we can't stop progress, but we can control how we choose to participate in it.

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...