Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Safe Haven

I am going through my travel pictures, as I have been doing frequently here lately, and I run across this one from my trip to Chicago in 2016. This is at a firehouse between Michigan Avenue and Navy Pier. This sign is about the safe haven law for newborns. If a baby is born, and the parents feel like they are in no position to care for the child at the present moment for any cause, they can leave the child at a firehouse, police station, or emergency room, no questions asked, and the baby will be placed in foster care or up for adoption. There are laws across the nation that will help newborns that are abandoned by their parents. There is an organization called the National Safe Haven Alliance that will help you, as well 
 

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...