Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Stay Safe out there

 I have noticed that when the pandemic first started, and stay-at-home orders and lockdowns were first initiated in March 2020, people were preparing with survival kits, amongst other things. I first learned of these kits when I saw a leaflet for Redfora on my driveway in late 2019. I discovered their wide selection of survival kits, namely their popular Earthquake bag, which will provide you with the basics of survival if you need to evacuate for any reason. They also offer kits for your car if you get stranded or stuck in the snow or mud,  and one for your pets, primarily for dogs and cats, so they will be protected in emergency situations.  When I went on their website when lockdowns were put in place, there was a long waiting period for people ordering survival kits out of an abundance of concern as to when the lockdowns would be lifted or the strictness of them would be loosened.  Another preparedness kit I have discovered is Judy, which offers preparedness kits as small as a toiletry bag and fanny pack, to one as big as a large storage box. After seeing these and many other preparedness packs, I told myself I would start to get myself prepared and make a plan for my cat and myself just in case something happened and I needed to leave immediately. 

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...