Saturday, May 16, 2020

Helping in a time of Crisis

As I was sliding around Facebook some time ago, I come across a post about Jim Rice of the Boston Red Sox saving the life of then four-year-old Jonathan Keane, at Fenway Park on August 8, 1982. A foul ball had come into the stands quickly, and hit young Jonathan in the head, causing to bleed profusely. Jim took matters into his own hands, carrying Jonathan to the Red Sox team medical staff instead of waiting for Fenway Park medical staff to show up. He was later taken to a Boston area hospital for treatment. An article in Sports Illustrated about Jonathan, who celebrated his 40th birthday in 2017, and the after-effects of the injury he sustained. Also in the last article, it is mentioned about the need for netting from foul pole to foul pole in each Major League stadiums. Many people have varying opinions on the netting. I think that the netting is necessary for all involved, so that injury or worse is caused. 

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...