Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Cathedral of St. Paul

I ran across this picture that I took while waiting for the bus on Woodward Avenue a couple of weeks ago. This is the cathedral for Detroit's Episcopalians. It's located in Detroit's Cultural Center, near the Detroit Institue of Arts, the Main Branch of the Detroit Public Library, and Wayne State University. Reading about their history on their website, detroitcathedral.org, I see that St. Paul's has been a cathedral for a little over 100 years now. I like the architecture of this Church, especially the spires up front. I have some personal history here, as my aunt and uncle's wedding reception was held here in the mid 1980s.

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...