Friday, August 10, 2012

YouTube Friday: Black and Blue Trailer

Today's YouTube Friday Entry is from MBMKruger's YouTube Page. It's about a new documentary about the friendship between Willis Ward and President Gerald Ford when they were both students at the University of Michigan back in the 1930s. I found out about this documentary after reading this article in the Detroit News from August 9, 2012. It talks about the football game in October of 1934 between Michigan and Georgia Tech, and Willis Ward was benched because of his race. I learned a lot from reading about the article, and I hope to watch the documentary. It really is  telling about how things were back in the days, and I hope that people can learn from what went on then.

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...