Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Archival Information

Within the past year or so, I have been interested in historic artifacts and media items, such as the archives on Google Books from Life Magazine as well as Ebony and Jet Magazine, as well as Newspapers.com and the Newspaper Archive among others. I took a particular interest to artifacts from the Wayne State University Virtual Motor City Collection and the Detroit Historical Museum's vast collections. It's always important to learn from the past so you can take these lessons into the future with you. I enjoy seeing the information on how life was in the past, and I can learn how to avoid the mistakes of the past today and in the future. I have also found some genealogic info to use on my family tree, which is useful, as well.

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...