Saturday, September 15, 2018

Retiring Wing

News broke yesterday that Red Wings captain Henrik Zetterberg would be retiring due to back issues. He has been with the Red Wings since 2002 (drafted in 1999), Captain since 2013. He medaled in the Olympics and in international competition with the Swedish national team.  He is pictured here at the 2008 Stanley Cup Victory parade with the Conn Smythe trophy. Many on Twitter  have expressed their thanks, admiration and their thoughts on Zetterberg's career. Henrik, along with Pavel Datsyuk, were my favorite Red Wings. He will be missed at Little Caesars Arena, and I hope that he will be involved with Hockey in some shape or form, maybe in the front office in some respects.

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...