Monday, September 17, 2018

Chicago Sights and Sounds

Over Labor Day weekend, I took a great trip to Chicago to see my Detroit Tigers on the road, as well as get some sightseeing in, as well. Here are a few of  my favorite pictures from the weekend 

 Here is the world famous Chicago Theatre. This was once a movie house, and currently hosts stage shows and concerts
Here I am at Wrigley Field. This picture was taken at one of the many mobile gift shops in the area. The W is the flag used when the Cubs win a game. 

The world famous Bean in Millenium Park. The Bean, officially titled Cloud Gate, was placed here in the last 15 years. This is always a popular tourist attraction.

Wrigley Square is located in Millennium Park. This is one of my favorite areas of the park, with its Greek columns and fountain. 
 
I hadn't been to Shedd Aquarium in 25 years, so it was a great time for me to re-visit. I enjoyed seeing all the sea life and creatures residing in the deep.
Polk Brothers' park near Navy Pier. This fountain was a great place to cool off, as evidenced here. It reminded me of the fountains at Detroit's River Walk, which is always a draw to visitors and locals alike
This sight is at the Addison Street station for the CTA Red Line.Noticed is a rare sight nowadays, a Pay Phone! I noticed the picture nearest to me is of Ernie Banks on the "El" train heading to the Cubs game. I had no idea that Ernie Banks was a member of the CTA Board way back when. 
.
This video was taken on Michigan Avenue of a few street performers doing their thing. I always enjoy seeing the street performers draw a crowd by displaying their talents. 

.

This is the sign for Marshall Field's in Chicago, which is now a Macy's location. Marshall Field in Chicago was like Hudson's flagship store in Detroit or Macy's flagship in New York City. 
The old Comiskey Park shower, which is a lifesaver to many a fan on a hot day. It was installed at old Comiskey Park in the 1970s and retrieved and brought to Guaranteed Rate Field after the Comiskey Park closed. 
A view from my seat in section 533. Even though my Tigers did not win the game, I still had a fantastic time. Met many Tigers fans who traveled to see the team on the road. I would like to travel more, but I hear that little voice telling me to get back to work and earn my keep, pay my bills and the like. 


No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...