Sunday, January 6, 2013

Hockey makes a return

Seen at the 2008 Red Wings Stanley Cup Parade (femaletrumpet02)
 
Welp, It looks like the Red Wings are back in action for the (shortened) 2012-2013 season. The lockout ended early this morning after nearly 18 hours of negotiations. The owners and players have both come to a new CBA, and it jut needs to be ratified by the players. I am happy to see that the players and owners have seen eye to eye. I've been in Hockey Withdrawal mode. I was starting to get worried that this season would be like the locked-out 2004-2005 season. Many businesses in Downtown Detroit and other NHL cities have been concerned about business when the lockout was still going. We shall see how this shortened season plays out.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...