Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Northville Psychiatric Hospital

I've been reading an article about the former Northville Psychiatric Hospital in the Detroit Free Press today. I've learned that at one time, the hospital was one of Michigan's largest facilities for Psychiatric patients, and an area for children residing there. The hospital site has been vacant since 2003, and has been a popular area for Urban Explorers hoping to have a look around and to take a few pictures, and other trespassers. Northville Township is thinking of making a recreation area for the community to enjoy. One of my favorite sites regarding the hospital/facility is Northville-Tunnels.com, which has many pictures and information about Northville and other psychiatric hospitals and sanitariums in Michigan. What are your favorite historic sites?

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...