Saturday, January 16, 2021

Labor joins together in Solidarity

As I am scanning a box of negatives that were in my father's collection, I find these pictures from the 1981 Detroit Labor Day parade in downtown Detroit on September 7, and  Solidarity Day in Washington DC. 1981 was a ride on the labor front. the Air Traffic Controllers Union, PATCO, went on an illegal strike and were fired in August of 1981. Many other labor unions were in support of them, and Detroit branches of the labor unions showed this support in the Labor Day parade. Solidarity Day was in Mid September in Washington DC. Labor Unions from across the nation came to the Nation's Capitol in droves to protest perceived cuts in social security and other programs the Reagan administration that the unions disagreed with.. There are more pictures where these came from, and I will try to post some later. 






 

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...