Monday, January 25, 2021

Sights of New Orleans

During this coronavirus pandemic, travel has been curtailed, and when someone needs to travel for work or other necessary means, they must have the proper documentation. Lately, I have felt the itch to travel, so I have been looking through many of my travel pictures from years past. These pictures are from a trip to  New Orleans in July 2017, when I was there for a family wedding. New Orleans is very steeped in history and culture and is a great place to visit. One of the first sights I saw while flying in was the expansive Lake Pontchartrain, and many people on their boats.  Here is the world famous St. Louis Cathedral, the oldest Catholic Cathedral in North America. I had stopped in to say a prayer for my cousin on her wedding day. 


Horse and buggy tours are very popular in the French Quarter. This horse at Jackson Square was being very photogenic to a tourist. 

The famous Cafe Du Monde coffee stand, which sells chicoried Coffee (you can have it straight or Cafe Au Lait) and Beignets. This is a 24-hour operation, open whenever you feel you might need some

The New Orleans Resurrection is a popular cocktail on Bourbon Street. It is made from Rum and Blue Curacao. 

Speaking of Bourbon Street, it was great to see the street in person on days outside of Carnival and Mardi Gras. Many bars and clubs line the street, as well as other tourist attractions

As I was leaving for home, I noticed these flowers in the ladies room after going through security at Louis Armstrong Airport. This was the first time I have seen fresh flowers at the airport. 
 

 

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...