Saturday, January 23, 2021

Thoughtfulness

 I am currently thinking of a post I penned on my personal Facebook page at the end of the year. I wrote about how I saw that some people were feeling upset and cranky about how 2020 turned out with the coronavirus and other things happening, and they felt that life wasn't going the way they wanted it to go. This life does not revolve around you alone. People do not have to cater to you and make you the center of everything all the time. You have to learn to give instead of take and to keep the faith, keep praying if you believe in the power of prayer,  and make do with what you currently have. You can learn a new skill or discover a talent that has laid dormant for a while, and share these gifts and talents with those around you. I feel heartened to see how friends, family members, coworkers and old classmates are using their gifts and talents to help and inform those around them, as well as brighten the days of all around them. As for me, I am discovering more of my family history, as well as the History of certain figures in the Detroit area and across the nation using the Library of Michigan and other websites, and sharing it with people in my circle. I am doing what I can to get by during this time. What are you doing to make use of your gifts and talents? Have you discovered a particular gift or talent that you are using now? All of this makes me think of the song "You Gotta Make Your Own Sunshine" by Neil Sedaka, which is about making your own sunshine when life gets you down and out. 

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...