Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Carnival during the holidays



 I know the Holidays are behind us right now, but I am thinking of the former Detroit Christmas Carnival, which was held, between Thanksgiving and New Years at what is now the TCF Center in Detroit, formerly Cobo Hall. This was always a good time for families and all who chose to attend. The carnival had games, rides, and other fun things to do. The last festival was held in the late '90s-early 2000s. The last festival I remember attending was in 1995. The Detroit Historical Society has an archive of artifacts, with quite a few from the Christmas Carnivals of the past. I have added a picture of one of the scenes from the 1987 Christmas Carnival, taken by my mother. She had taken my older cousins, her nephew and niece, to the carnival in the 1970s, and she took me when I was small in the late '80s and early 1990s

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...