Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Ting,Ting! You're Home!

I have been uploading pictures from the past 10 years or so to my Google Photos album, and I find this one from July 2011, 4th of July weekend to be exact. This is the City Club Apartment complex in Downtown Detroit. They were formerly known as Trolley Plaza, named for the former Washington Boulevard Trolley line in the 1980s. According to Emporis, the apartment is 28 stories, with 6 stories for parking, with a recreation area on top of the parking deck. These apartments have everything you could ask for in amenities. The apartments opened in 1981, 5 years after the Trolleys first ran in 1976 (side note, the article about the Trolleys I linked, the picture was taken where the apartments stand now! The hotel on the left  behind the people was demolished in 2005). When the apartments opened, rent ranged from $325 to $1,000. In 2021, rent ranges from $1,200 to almost $3,000 dollars a month, depending on what size apartment you would like. 

 

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...