Sunday, January 24, 2021

Architecturally Faithful

 As I am going through the suburbs of Detroit this past week, I pass by the ornate Kirk in the Hills, a Presbyterian church in the suburb of Bloomfield Hills. It is a church I have only heard about growing up in the metro area. Looking at their history, they were formed in the 1940s after a businessman in Detroit, Col. Edwin George had the foresight for a church in the area in the 1930s. Services were first held at the current church in 1958. They have had five pastors shepherding the flock since 1958. As with houses of worship of all faiths during the coronavirus pandemic, they are conducting worship services online and in-person to a limited number of parishioners. They have many courses for growth in the Christian faith for parishioners of all ages. 

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...