Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Roster of Hudsonians

This plaque is one I found interesting. It's located near Macy's at Northand Mall here in the Metro Detroit area. This plaque lists the JL Hudsons department store employees, or "Hudsonians", as they were called, that were in World War II. There are stars by a few names, and I guess that the star signifies those employees who passed during the war. This plaque was originally located at Hudson's downtown Detroit store, and relocated to the Northland Location at a later date. I think that this is a pretty interesting plaque, in that it honors all the Hudsons employees that were in World War II. What do you all think of it?
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...