Sunday, June 6, 2010

Air Racin'

The Red Bull Air Races were in town this weekend, and I decided to stop by on Saturday afternoon to check out everything going on . The plan shown above was at the RenCen, which was the Detroit race headquarters. Windsor was the official host, but Detroit hosted many events on the US side of the river. I think that this is a cool simulation of the plane at the RenCe . Many of us that didn't have tickets to the events still got to see what was going on from the RenCen and from behind gates nearby. This was taken near Beaubien and Atwater at the RenCen. The plane just finished its run and was going through those two cones. THose planes sure do move fast and do some fancy tricks. It seems like everyone enjoyed themselves at the races. I found out that the Air Races are an itnternational event. I've seen the races on TV from destinations such as Abu Dhabi and other locales.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...