Thursday, June 10, 2010

Link of the Day: Detroit Transit History

I'm currently looking through the Detroit Transit History website. It's a site chronicling the history of Public Transit here in Detroit. It has many interesting pictures and info there of old Buses, Streetcars, and other tidbits from the DUR, DSR, DOT and the old Semta and Smart bus systems of yesterday and today.
These Bus Stop signs have come a long way since the old Green and Yellow DOT stops from back in the day that I remember. THere were some old DSR "Board Coach Here" signs from way back when that have since been removed. The Smart bus signs haven't changed that much . I'm currently looking at a page with the old Route Numbers compared to the current route names and numbers. I remember a few of them that are no longer in existence, such as the old CAT-Cultural Attractions Trolley (Route #3), John R. (Route #33), Meyers (Route # Woodrow Wilson (Route #52) and Lahser (Route #99) more vividly.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...