Sunday, June 13, 2010

Row House

As I was taking my walk yesterday, I passed by the old Workers Row house in Corktown, which is on the Southwest side of town, just outside of downtown. It's the only one of its kind, according to the informational sign nearby. I see the houses, and think about all the people who lived here in the past, and how it must have been for them to walk or take the horse and buggy to and from work, school, houses of Worship, and to other places, since many people lived here long ago. I also wonder what the occupations of many of the tenants here were. I think that it'll be interesting to see what's discovered here in the long run.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...