Thursday, June 3, 2010

Armando's Day

I know that almost everyone has heard about what went on at the Tigers game last night with the blown call during Armando Galarraga's Perfect Game bid. I was at the game this afternoon, and witnessed Armando being presented with a new red Corvette as well as the applause of fans and teammates. It was a nice gesture by the Tigers and Chevrolet. I think that Armando showed what a true professional and a gentleman he is last night after the game. He didn't get angry or upset about the call or at the umpire, and he handled himself nicely. The umpire owned up to the situation, and apologized to him after the game. My respect for them is great after this incident. Armando Galarraga has been my favorite player since 2008, and I have a new respect for him now since all this went down in the past 24 hours.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...