Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Lights and Reading Statues

This is one of my favorite pictures of the past week or so. This was taken June 1, 2010 after the Tigers-Indians game at Comerica Park. This was taken from the Grand Circus Park People Mover station. The People Mover was delayed a bit, and I had some time before the train arrived. Woodward avenue runs thru the center, and this is the east side of the park. The lights shining over the trees makes it look pretty cool. By the time I passed here while leaving downtown, the top rows of the light towers were on. These lights make the park and the area around it shine like it was high noon almost.
This is another one of my favorite Pictures from June 1. This is an iconic statue in the Grand Circus Park People Mover station. It's called "Catching Up" The statue has both the Detroit News and the Detroit Free Press with him, and the papers both have 1987 dates on them. The People Mover opened up to riders in July 1987 Many people like to take pictures of and with this statue.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...