Sunday, June 20, 2010

River Days and Tugboat Races


I went to River Days on the Detroit Riverfront yesterday, and had a good time. This festival has been going on for the past few years now. There are rides, concerts, water activites, and more. The festival ends tomorrow, June 21, with the Freedom Festival Fireworks on the river. Windsor has a festival on their side of the river as well. One of my favorite things to see at the festival is the Tugboat races, shown here . The tugs race around and toot their horns at each other as they go by. Here's a 30-second clip of the festivities that I posted on YouTube I'll post some more pics in the coming days.
Lauren
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...