Monday, June 21, 2010

More River Days pictures

Here are some more of my pictures from River Days. This picture was taken from the USCGC Bristol Bay. These sailboats were just cruising at river speed so the people on shore could see them as they cruised along. I liked seeing these saiboats, because it's rare that I see this many sailboats on the river. There are mainly shipping boats, and pleasure boats and yachts out on the river most days, but
There was a carnival area at River Days, with these elephants being one of the rides. There were also games and other attractions in the carnival area that you'd expect from a state or county fair. Everyone looked like they were having a great time on the rides , playing games, and relaxing with family and friends on a nice Saturday afternoon.
This is one of my favorite pictures. These are the International Sister Cities of Windsor, Ontario, Canada on the left, and Detroit, Michigan, USA on the right. The Detroit river runs right down the center. This view, taken from the Diamond Queen cruise boat, is one of my favorite shots of the Sister Cities.Many people like to take pictures of the Detroit skyline from the Windsor riverfront because of the skyline.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...