Sunday, August 8, 2010

Festivals and Practice

Two of the events around town this weekend were the Ribs and Soul Festival and the Lions open practice at Ford Field on August 7. The Ribs and Soul festival is an interesting festival with good food and music to go around. There were many vendors there, an many people going around to look at their wares and listen to the music of the many different performers. This is one of the many festivals I referenced in an earlier entries here in TWaSbL. I first went to this festival when I was a teenager in the early '00s. I haven't been since then. I enjoyed seeing all the people out and about, from family reunions, to people out and about for the days. One of the big sporting events was the Lions' open practice at Ford Field. The picture I post of the open practice is when they were on the field stretching out before their drills. They're usually at their practice facility in the Detroit suburbs, but they were here for a session. The players signed autographs for the fans before the practice began at four in the afternoon. All fans enjoyed seeing the Lions run through their drills and through their practice routines.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...