Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tribute to Anthony Wayne


I decided to write about General "Mad" Anthony Wayne today, who Wayne County, Michigan is named for, as well as the city of Wayne, Michigan. According to a site on the American Revolution, he gained the nickname "Mad Anthony" because of a hot temper. Anthony Wayne was born in January of 1745, and died in December 1796, according to Wikipedia. He also served with George Washingon, who was also a General in the Revolutionary War. One of the things that was noted on both webpages about him was that he ordered his own Court Martial. This plaque is at the old Wayne County Building in Detroit, the County Seat, and was placed there by the Sons of the American Revolution. This was the first I have heard of the Sons of the American Revolution. I've heard about the Daughters of the American Revolution on numerous occasions
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...