Friday, August 20, 2010

YouTube Friday: Love Ain't Love- Florence Ballard

Here's a video that I found while doing a search on YouTube for a video for today's YouTube Friday segment. This video was posted by YouTube user coxmillelementary. It's of a rare single by Florence Ballard called "Love Ain't Love". It was released in the late '60s after she left The Supremes. She had a deal with ABC Records after she was let go from Motown. She had an album out, but it didn't get too much airplay. I read the book about her called "The Last Supreme". It's based on one of "Flo's" final interviews with the author of the book before she passed in 1976. The Supremes are one of my favorite groups , and after listening to this song, Florence Ballard is on my favorite Singer list.

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...