Thursday, August 26, 2010

Spirit of DPS


Today was the Back-To-School parade and rally here in Detroit.The Spirit of Detroit donned this shirt for the occasion. There was a van there to register students, and the Health Department was there to immunize kids. The Detroit Public Schools are looking to get kids into the school district that may have gone to Charter, Private/Religious or suburban schools. The slogan that adorns the shirt and the ad campaign, "I'm in", is in its second year. Many people were at the rally and parade today, wearing the same type of the shirt. I think that the rally and parade had good turnouts overall.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...