Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Kern Clock

Here is the Kern's clock in Downtown Detroit. It's placed on the corner of Woodward and Gratiot, where the old store once stood until it's closure in the 1950s and demolition soon after. Compuware Headquarters currently resides at the location. The clock was placed here in the early 2000's and still gives the correct time (even though it may be fast or slow by your watch). Whenever I pass the clock, I always check to see what time it is and if my watch is correct. Hudson's Department store used to sit right behind Kerns, but as you see in the picture, it's no longer there, either. Hudson's was imploded in October 1998, and now houses an underground Parking lot. Lots of old stores are just a memory now, but they live on in the hearts and minds of many Detroiters and former Detroiters
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...