Thursday, September 23, 2010

Farwell Building


Here's a picture of the Farwell Building in Capitol Park. This building at one time held an arcade/pool hall on the ground level. Back in the Days, the Farwell held offices and other businesses. According to Detroit 1701, This building was named for Jesse Farwell, who owned this building at one time. It was built in 1915 and was abandoned by the mid 1980s. I'm not sure if the signs for State Farm and Re/Max are there because they're going to move in soon, or if they're there for movies that are going to be filmed downtown (Michigan has a tax break for all who want to make movies in the state). The Farwell Building is interesting because of the way it's built. It reminds me of a school in a sense.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...