Monday, September 13, 2010

Fox Theatre


Baseball and a Movie
Originally uploaded by femaletrumpet02
The Tigers had Baseball and a Movie this past Saturday, which, I think, is a new thing. They played the movie "Field of Dreams" before the Tigers-Orioles game. The Fox Theatre opened in 1928, and reopened after an extensive makeover in the late '80s, when the Ilitch family bought the old Theatre. My parents remember the Fox being one of the top theatres for a date night back in the old days, and the place where concerts were held. I read somewhere that the Fox had an orchestra that played at the opening of the theatre. I saw a picture online or in a book of Woodward Avenue being packed with limos for the showing or debut of one of the Beverly Hills Cop Movies.

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...