Sunday, September 5, 2010

Jazz Fest Blog


I attended the Detroit Jazz Festival yesterday, and it was a good time. It was a chilly and windy day, but it seems like everyone enjoyed themselves despite the weather. The bands were really good, and the wares people sold on Woodward were nice. Everything from Shea Butter to clothing to pictures were sold. The picture I post today is of the float from the Parade Company for the Jazz Festival. I first saw this float last Thanksgiving at the Parade. The bands that I liked were some of the college bands and the bands at the Carhartt stage at the Hart Plaza Ampitheatre. Lots of footwork going up and down Woodward for the Festival, but overall, everything was really nice. I suggest if you're hanging around the Metro Detroit area, or even if you are visiting from out of town, come to the Jazz Festival (Tomorrow, September 6, is the last day) and listen to the music!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...