Monday, September 27, 2010

Guardian Building


These pictures are of the Guardian Building in Downtown Detroit. I like this building because it's a nice piece of architecture. It was built during the building surge of the 1920s (many of the Downtown Buildings were built or had additions built in the '20s), and it's on the register of Historic Places. I'm a fan of historic architecture, and this is one of my favorite buildings. I read an article about this in one of the Detroit Daily papers, and they say that the Guardian has an observation deck at the top of the building. If anyone knows if there are daily or weekend tours, I think that it'd be interesting for Groups of tourists and locals alike.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...