Thursday, September 2, 2010

Refreshing Blog


Here's an entry about one of Detroit's favorite drinks: Faygo Pop. According to the Faygo website, the company was started in 1907 by the Feigenson Brothers, Ben and Perry. The Feigensons made their pop after some cake frosting that they made, and moved on Gratiot, just a few miles east of Downtown, in the mid '30s. Looking through the history page of Faygo's website, I was surprised to find out that Faygo made a one-calorie pop and started their Diet pops back in the days. . Many Baby Boomers remember the commercials with "Black Bart" and the "Faygo Boat Song" (titled "Remember When You Were a Kid?"). My favorite flavors of Faygo are Diet Orange, Diet Frosh, and on occasion, Diet Creme Soda.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...