Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Decorative touches


As I was going around town this past week, I realized how many so-called "Hidden" touches are on some older buildings. I spotted these two gems on the Music Hall and on the old Detroit Free Press Building. It's amazing how the architects of these buildings incorporated design, functionality, and some interesting pieces of art into the buildings that they designed and built, especially in the 19th and early 20th Century. I especially like the man on the side of the Free Press building and the two heads next to him. They kind of remind me of downspouts in a way, but they're just decorative.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...