Wednesday, May 5, 2010

RIP to Ernie Harwell (1918-2010)

I'm currently reading some articles on MLB.com about the passing of Ernie Harwell last night. He had incurable bile duct cancer. I stopped at Comerica Park today to pay my respects and to say a short prayer. I was shocked and saddened when I heard of his passing yesterday. My prayers are with his family and close friends that knew him the best. I pray that the Lord gives him rest and brings Mr. Harwell closer to Him in Heaven. There's a viewing at Comerica Park tomorrow (May 6) for all who may want to pay their respects. There will not be a public memorial service for him, and I read in the paper that the funeral will be private. Rest in Peace, Mr. Harwell. Everyone misses you dearly.

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...