Wednesday, May 26, 2010

YP Info

I finally found some info on the old Yellow Pages building that I wrote about a few days ago here in TWaSbL. It;s called the Michigan Bell and Western Electric Warehouse (click the link for the Wikipedia Page I found the info as I was looking around Wikipedia. The page says that Michigan Bell moved to the building in 1959, and left in 1999. As I posted earlier, my mom worked here in the 197os and 1980s. The big Yellow Pages sign must have been placed there in the '60s sometime. I found more info on the Michigan DNR Page from September of last year. it was approved as a state Historic site. I'm glad I found at least some info on the building, and look forward to finding more about it soon.

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...