Thursday, May 6, 2010

Visitation Day

Today was the visitation for the late Ernie Harwell at Comerica Park. Many people, myself included, paid their respects today, and more will until the gates close this evening at Midnight. The mood around the ballpark was respectful, and quiet at times. The Tigers general manager was there this morning when I got there, greeting the fans after they passed the casket of Mr. Harwell. I said a prayer as I passed the Casket and a rosary after I left the stadium. There was a card out front where people could leave their sentiments for the Harwell family. Many people have warm memories of Mr. Harwell that they shared, as well as "Thanks for the Memories" messages. I read in the paper that this will be the only public event, and no public memorial service will be held. Many people offered prayers for Mr. Harwell and his family and friends.

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...