Sunday, May 30, 2010

Memorial Techno



I attended the Techno Festival downtown at Hart Plaza yesterday. The Techno Festival has been going on here in Detroit since 2000. It has all types of Techno from Drum 'n' Bass to Smooth Electronica. I've found out that I particularly like Drum 'n' Bass the best. This year's festival had the Ford Fiesta as its main sponsor. There were a few Fiestas there, including the one pictured. I enjoyed hearing all the music and getting down with other festival-goers. The festival will be going on until tomorrow night, so everyone will have a chance to get down there. They charge a $35 fee for a 1-day pass, and $70 fee for a weekend pass, and if you're paying by credit card, it'll be slightly higher at the door ($39 for a 1 day, and $76 for a weekender). The festival was the first festival at Hart Plaza to charge an entry fee in 2005. I've been going since 2003, when it was free. I'm not quite sure why they started charging in the first place, but I heard some years back that the organizers paid a percentage to the city from admission, presumably for setup, cleanup, garbage pickup, and other expenses. The music is really top-notch, so I don't mind paying the fee. I'll post more pictures from the Techno Fest soon.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...