Thursday, May 20, 2010

Sailing along

Boating season is here, and I've seen many boats along the Detroit River so far this month, both pleasure and for commerce. I like seeing all the boats that are going to different destinations and come along the Detroit River. There are boats from Canada and the US that come along the river, one being Canadian Steamship Lines. Whenever I see boats along the river, I think of the Beach Boys song "Sail On, Sailor", from the early 1970s. I looked around YouTube for the song, and many people had posted both the live and recorded versions to the song. This is one of my favorite songs, and makes me think of all the boaters on the river sailing along.This picture was taken during the Downtown Hoedown on May 15. It shows many boaters
fishing and cruising along the river. I hope you boat safely if you go to the waterways across the nation to boat for any reason.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...