Sunday, July 18, 2010

Houses of Worship: Isaac Agree Downtown Synagogue

I'm looking through some of my pics, and decided to start a series of blogs here on TWaSbL on some of the Downtown houses of worship. The first one I'll profile is the Downtown Synagogue. According to its website, the congregation was established in 1921,and named for Isaac Agree. They'vebeen in this building for the past 40 years. They also offer weekly services and events for the Jewish community of Metro Detroit. The first thing I notice whenever I pass the synagogue are the colorful stained glass windows on the first two levels of the building. I also notice the Star of David on the red doorway, as well.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...